Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tutorial - How to Make a Polymer Clay Hollow Pod Pendant




You can make these Pods on any size light-bulb, I used a small appliance (refrigerator) bulb for this project. Use a good quality
clay for the pod, such as: Premo, Fimo or Kato clay & follow the manufacturers directions for oven temps. This is important to insure a strong, yet flexible pod.
My Hollow Pods are super light-weight & can be made in many sizes, from large, to small, for use in pendants, earrings or charms:)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tutorial! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome! I hope to do some more tuts soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial you are very talented and you do wonderful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are Welcome! I'm glad I could share it with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to polymer clay and am trying to get the layered look by using Premo Translucent clay. What premo do you use to get the multi layer in your beads? Also the shine? My beads are being to look better, but not the depth you get or the shine. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fabulous creative works of art can't wait to try it out, if my attempt is only half as good I shall be very pleased

    ReplyDelete